Stress is something I actually never feel but my body definitely makes me aware. I can feel like I am in a good head space and I feel fine. But slowly my body starts reacting in strange ways. For example, I stress sweat and I mean badly. I literally need to walk around with wipes and extra deodorant because it can get bad. Disgusting I know but such is life. I also break out, especially on my chest and back and it’s not cute during the summer. Lastly sleep, I can literally stay in bed for a week. Do you remember when Carrie Bradshaw went to Mexico and slept for days after Big stood her up at the altar? Well that’s how much I sleep when stressed.
What all of the above taught me is to always listen to your body. Just because you don’t necessarily think your stressed doesn’t mean you’re not. The last few weeks have been extremely draining for me so it is important to stay on top of my health.
Read on for my 6 ways to distress.
- Music is by far my favorite way to distress. It has the ability to change my mood in seconds. I can be in the shittyist funk ever and if I play ‘Spice up your life’ by the Spice girls I’m instantly happy.
- Having a long soak in the bath. Grab some epsom salt or a great smelling bath bomb. Light some candles and lay back and relax.
- A good face mask paired with a glass of wine. I put them together because that’s how it should be done. I always feel amazing after my skin is glowing and I’ve had a nice glass of vino.
- Write a diary. I have talked about the benefits of keeping a journal before. Documenting what you are going through or just how your day went can really help you unwind. Also its a good way to off load without actually having to speak to somebody.
- Book a trip, whether it’s with family, your best girlfriends or alone. A change of scenery can help you to put things into perspective. People tend to feel suffocated when they are going through things because of their routine. A trip somewhere forces you to take a break from reality and reassess.
- Surround yourself with good, positive people. There is nothing worse then when you’re in a bad place, listening to people moan about their shit. You take that energy on and next thing you know your even more depressed and stressed because your dealing with your drama and theirs. Fuck that. As soon as you hear negativity chuck up the deuces and tell them you can’t take on their stuff today.
Hopefully this guide helps you deal with stress a little better. It won’t make all your problems go away but it will help with the process.
Thanks for stopping by.