Winter can be a bitch on your body, but most of all your lips. Every year when the temperature drops the cracked skin on my lips become a huge issue. I am a total lipstick girl so this causes a problem for me. Have you ever put lipstick on to chapped lips? its no bueno.
After months of testing products I finally have some helpful tips on how to protect your lips from the cold.
- Scrub, scrub, scrub. Not to the point of bleeding but enough to get the flaky bits off. I have tried a few lip scrubs and the Elf lip exfoliator is by far my favorite and its cheap.
- Moisturize with an ointment or a really good lip balm and apply generously. There are too many brands out there that smell nice but do absolutely nothing on your lips. Choose wisely.
- Lip Primer. Primers are good for extra moisture and to maintain your lipstick. Mac’s brand is my go to.
- Lipstick. People tend to stay away from lipstick in the winter because their lips are so dry. But the right lipstick or gloss can actually help with keeping your lips hydrated. Sephoras own brand is my fav, its the perfect red and keeps my lips soft.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 throughout the day, give yourself a quick touch up after lunch and before happy hour.
Shop below for products and don’t forget to switch it up when the weather changes.
Be Fanci x